Sleep is the golden chain that binds health and bodies together. It is the best meditation. It improves alertness, cognition, immunity and metabolism. A comfortable mattress is essential for a good night sleep. The comfort of a mattress Mesa is measured through its firmness. Every user has different level of comfort level to the same firmness. Therefore, there is no universal firmness level that will fit all users. Here is a complete guide to choose the right firmness level.
The weight of the sleeper influences the firmness level selection greatly. Heavier persons sink on mattresses with lower firmness levels. The following are firmness level for users of different weight
- Sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds – They should select mattress Mesathat is less firm. It should be soft. A firm mattress offers minimal or no contouring. Therefore, they fail to support the pressure points of light weight persons. They should select mattresses of firmness level in the range 2 to 5.
- Sleepers weighing between 130 and 230 pounds – They should select medium firm mattress Mesa. The firmness level of mattresses for these users should fall between 4 and 6. At this firmness level, the mattress provides best cushioning to the users belonging under this category.
- Sleepers weighing more than 230 pounds – These users should select mattresses that have firmness level between 6 and 8. This is because heavier people exert more pressure against the mattress. If the mattresses are not firm, they tend to sink.
The other way to select firmness of mattress Mesais by considering sleeping position. The following are the apt firmness level for different types of sleeping position
- Side Sleepers – They should select mattresses in the firmness level between 3 and 7. This is because these sleepers develop pressure points at shoulders and hips. Hence a soft to medium mattresses are required.
- Back sleepers – These sleepers should select mattresses of firmness level between 4 and 7. These sleepers need to support neck and lower back as the spinal is S shaped.
- Stomach sleepers – This is an unhealthy sleeping position. It causes indigestion problems as more pressure is exerted on the stomach. However, habits are difficult to change. The problem caused due to stomach sleeping can be nullified by selecting the right mattress firmness. Choose a mattress that has firmness level between 5 and 7.