There are several things that you should consider while buying a mountain bike and particularly if this is your first-time purchase.
While buying a mountain bike includes several factors such a where you intend to ride, your budget, etc. Once, you have decided why you need a mountain bike, consider the following tips.
- Check for the suspension of the bike that you might need; you can also check for the weight of the bike.
- The quality gear system is something that you should look for. However, better gearing system simply implies an expensive bike.
- If you are going for some serious off-roading, then you might consider top quality brakes and gears as it will be very essential.
- Always remember to buy a good mountain bike for under 300 which can be easily upgradable so that if later you want to make some changes in it, you can easily do it.
- The material that is used in framing the bike should be a good one which makes the bike lighter. Moreover, carbon fiber is used nowadays in most of the bikes to reduce its weight, and you can feel it.
Wheels of the bikes should be an upgraded one; you can opt for decent alloy which is mid-priced.